This picture comes courtesy of the Kings Park Heritage Museum.
According to the Museum’s director, Leo Ostebo, this picture of the Park Movie Theater was taken in 1948.
Located on the south side of Main Street, half way between Renwick Avenue and Carlson Avenue, this movie house entertained the Kings Park community from 1930 to the late 1950s.
This picture depicts Girl Scouts, led by Mrs. Crow (a school teacher), parading past the movie house during the 1948 Kings Park Memorial Day parade.
The movie house was demolished in the 1950s.
Don’t forget to check out Kings Park In Focus – 1936.